Costa Rica

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

personal:Pura Vida!


The ceiling was leaking at the bar haha..the picture is sideways oops!



The hookah





some of us at the bar

Hello again! The days are seriously blending together... so I'll apologize ahead of time if I repeat myself. Our schedule keeps getting changed around a bit, but it has been to our benefit in some cases. (cancelation of classes) We aren't worried about it, because the weekend trips are going to be awesome. The professors also decided to join our free days so a group of students are planning a trip to a beach. It looks like it may cost a little but you only live once. :) Yesterday's schedule was all over the place but I was able to rest for a little bit and then we went to a dance class. I still wasn't feeling very well and I was SOOO thirsty so I came over here and got some drinks and played facebook. I thought we were going to head home after the class but everyone else was more ambitious than I was feeling. We walked to this bar and paid a cover. We weren't very excited about that and they said you had to buy a bottle to sit in certain areas (like upscale bars). Nobody was up for a $45 bottle and I wasn't drinking so we were getting frustrated. Finally seats opened up and the bar starting getting busy. The music was awesome and they even played satisfaction...BRETT!!! The manager said we could sit upstairs if we got a hookah so we did. It was a lot of fun, but my roommate and I bailed out early.


Today we went to Alajuela to visit a coffee plantation. The woman was very proud of being an entrepreneur and she should be because she was just ranked number one in Costa Rica for the best coffee and second overall in Latin America. Quite impressive. We hiked around and saw some sweet plants and this crazy blue bug. We had samples of the coffee and I wasn't a huge fan. I burnt my tongue a little bit, being the impatient Emily I am. We got back late and had to eat quick to make it to our Spanish Survival Session. It was actually pretty fun and we had cake for Bob's birthday!! I took a restroom break during class and the doctor here found me again and said I looked a lot better and greeted me with a kiss. (Costa Rican style--on the cheek-don't worry Ryan ;) ) I will get pictures up soon, my cord is back at my home stay. Now I need to switch over and post about our industries. Chao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home